Wednesday, April 11, 2007

Switching to summer decor

Well, summer is definitely here and we are sure feeling the heat. The location of our apartment is such that we get lots of sun in the summer, when we don't much care for it and barely any summer in the winter, when we pine after it. Ah well, that is life. To beat the heat, I am planning to streamline my home and get rid of anything superfluous, have only simple clean lines and add summery and cool touches. One of the ways I am doing this is by getting a set of new shades for the windows in my dining room, where we have the maximum sun.

I have decided on getting the Nigeria Roman Blind that offers complete protection from the sun and heat and looks very stylish while doing its job. I've always been fond of roman blinds and I was quite surprised at the prices at Terry's fabrics, which were much less than I expected them to be for products of this quality. The company has a wide range of window treatments and blinds that will suit any home, including some really classy curtains that I could not believe were really the ready-made variety as they has that polish to them that usually only comes with made-to-order items.

No comments: