Saturday, April 28, 2007

Adding a professional touch to your website

When I started my blog the main purpose was just for me to write but little by little the focus has shifted to creating articles that people want to read, hence readership has risen in importance. One of the ways that my readership has increased is that I have made it easier to be contacted on my website, by adding a contact form. This is a great way to let readers get in touch with you, when they would rather not leave a comment on a specific post. I’ve had people make me job offers on my contact form too, and I’d rather not have stuff like than on regular comments, open for everyone to see.

If being able to make contact is important in a blog, then you can imagine how important it would be for a small business. Making an HTML form can be tough unless you’re an expert at it, but for most small business owners who want to create a simple website, getting contact forms or email forms form Forms4Free is a good option. It’s really easy to add the script even if you have no knowledge of HTML. Instead of just using a single contact page, the company created a system of downloading a formfile, which is a processing file that is uploaded to the website and processes the HTML form and emails to the webmaster. How this helps is that webmasters are able to process it through their own website rather than an outside service. It’s a good way to make a site look professional and stylish.

No comments: