Friday, April 06, 2007

So what is social media all about?

I am quite intrigued with social networking and interaction sites. The entire concept is so engaging and if correctly done, pulls you in effortlessly. Social networking is just one facet of social media, but it has caught the attention of marketers and is being used to promote products in an unobtrusive way. I found the Internet Marketing Blog which has some good reading material on subjects such as search engine optimization, viral marketing and social media, and I find the blog to be rather interesting considering that I am more into the research side of things and not so much of a marketer. Maybe, that's exactly why it appeals to me. The articles are well thought out, written well and are a good mix of general issues and more complex ones. I'll definitely be going back for updates.

No comments: