Thursday, April 19, 2007

Set up online bookmarks

When I changed laptops last year, I had to build my bookmarks from scratch which was a rather painful process. Unfortunately, I had not used a system to have all my bookmarks available online, accessible via Internet anywhere in the world. While I've been using a feed reader for simply ages, I still haven't gotten around to setting my bookmarks in the same manner. There are lots of advantages to online bookmarking, especially when you use a computer other than your personal one at home.

Using the bookmarking system at BookmarkAll.com, your bookmarks are completely private and accessible only by you. You can quickly access your bookmarks on the IE/Firefox toolbar and discover new sites that other users have listed on their public profiles. While there are a lot of bookmarking sites out there, I haven't too many good things about either Yahoo or Google's bookmarking systems, so I never signed up for them.

Another great feature is the option to have public or private topics, so you can decide what you want to share with others and what you'd rather keep as private. Coupled with the fact that you can combine your rss feeds and your bookmarks, makes this system quite tempting to install. And yes the system is completely free.

No comments: