Wednesday, April 18, 2007

Working at home brings cyber security to the fore

Ever since I started working from home and became responsible for taking care of my computer, data backup, antivirus options and everything else, I have started taking cyber security very seriously. Earlier it was just of question of my personal data, but now I have to be responsible for company information too, a lot of which is not available to the public. The first thing I did when I started working at home was to equip my laptop out with the best protection against, information theft, privacy invasion and viruses. My company installed a FTP client based software that secured the flow of information in transfers between the office and my home, which has worked out really well so far. I keep getting it checked to make sure it is working correctly and for upgrades, and so far I haven't had any problems with it.

No comments: