Friday, June 15, 2007

How to deal with the cold weather

In the house we are in right now, we don't really need any heating since we get lots of winter sun that makes the rooms nice and toasty, but when I lived in Kansas City, just after graduating from college, my apt used to get really cold in the winters. And, I'm not someone who can take the cold too well inside the house. I need to feel warm and cozy indoors.

My friend, Sarah who lived nearby had rented an apt in a newly constructed building and she had underfloor heating, which was simply the most incredible way to heat an area. I was so thrilled with it that I decided that I would install this kind of system when I built my own home. Well, that is yet to happen, but hopefully one day i will manage to do so, if one lives in a cold country, that is!!

The underfloor heating that she had got was from a company called WarmFloors that used a thin carbon film underneath the wooden or laminate flooring that would emanate heat evenly throughout the house. With Underfloor Heating there are no unsightly radiators taking up space along the walls and not hot or cold spots either. If your home is insulated well, this is the most effective way to heat a home.

No comments: