Saturday, January 27, 2007

Making szechwan chicken at home

Have you always wanted to make Chinese food at home, but never manage to get it right? I've been using Sun Bird Seasonings since I was in college to make easy and delicious Chinese food at home and I brought some packets back home with me when I was in the US this summer, along with cans of water chestnuts and bamboo shoots which are not always easily available here. So, tonight we had Hot and Spicy Szechwan Chicken, along with some hakka noodles which we ordered in from Mainland China. As a college student, one tries out lots of easy stuff to cook, but this one was one of my favorite tricks. It turns out so good that unless you know that the seasoning comes from a packet, you would never guess it from eating it. Now, I'm wondering why I didn't bring more packets back with me? Hmmm, think I must start planning my next trip....

No comments: