Friday, March 09, 2007

Staying connected with your smartphone

Our quest to remain connected at all times has given rise to the smartphone. I work from home and one of the hardest things I find is the stop working through the night or first thing in the morning, but if I had a smartphone I wouldn't be off work anytime, which is a bit scary and workaholic I think. Smartphones are a great help when you are traveling, since it's the easiest thing to keep track of your mails and stay connected, but I'm not sure if I would want to use one all the time.

Well, I am in the minority on this one, as smartphones are rapidly increasing in sales and being adapted by users who normally would not use them. Isn't that the great praise for the product? I think that when a product starts being used by consumers outside of its usual circle, it is definitely more than a phenomenon. Wirefly Top 5 Smartphones of the year, which include the Cingular BlackJack, BlackBerry Pearl for Cingular and T-Mobile, Motorola Q for Verizon Wireless, # 8700 series for Cingular, T-Mobile, Sprint and Verizon and the Cingular BlackBerry 8800. Sales of smartphones grew by 70% in the first quarter of 2007, as compared to the last quarter of 2006, due to growing awareness by consumers, an increase in advertising programs and a greater selection of thinner and more stylish phones.

No comments: