Thursday, October 26, 2006

So, what's your dream job?

After working in several different fields such as retail, a travel agency, food and restaurants (in college), I have come to understand what my dream job is. My dream business is actually what I do right now, freelance writing of white papers on retail, analyzing the retail scenario in India and South East Asia and writing for an amazing company based in Bangalore who gives me flexibility in the way I want to work and range I want to cover.

Eventually I would like to expand my work to other fields too and promote myself amongst the research community not only in India but across the world. A really simple but effective way to have your name seen would be to put my logo on my business checks, as they are an interesting way for your business to be promoted. In the holiday season, I would buy my vendors and clients some fun and cheap business chachkas for their office. To be successful working on your own from home, it is also not to skimp on office equipment and to have all your basic office and technological stuff such as computers, printers, routers, fax machines etc.

1 comment:

Shalini said...

Thanks Jo! Wow, that has to be the best comment ever. I think I might just have to email it everyone I know!!