Friday, February 09, 2007

Planning a trip

The number of vacations and trips we went last year made me rethink how to plan and go about organizing a vacation. Our vacation included all sorts of variables such as flights, rental cars, hotel booking, bed & breakfast booking, in several locations. Going to different sites to do each type of booking separately was driving me crazy, to coordinate between all the different options and build a cohesive plan that was organized enough so that we could focus on enjoying our vacation instead of worrying about bookings and confirmations.

That was how I came across HotelReservations.com, a site where I could do all my bookings at one place, without having to go back and forth checking and re-checking if one service would fit in with the other. Don't get confused by the name, Hotel Reservations does lots of other stuff, besides booking hotel rooms for you. You can book rental cars, flights, vacation packages and vacation rentals here too. By selecting for how long you want a trip to be, how many places you would like to visit and how many passengers there are, you can find some really great trips on offer.

Vacation rentals lets you search by location, and will find a wide range of places to stay, including cozy bed and breakfasts. The pricing that Hotel Reservations gives is better than some of the more known sites, and so is their range of places to stay. When I did a search for the same place on a competitor's site, I didn't find half as many interesting results.

The search and booking process is extremely user friendly, something that is very important to me. If a site wants too much superfluous information, I just close the page and head elsewhere. I really liked the site for the kind of place that it found for me and I will definitely be using for my next trip too.

1 comment:

Shalini said...

You're welcome. I really travel a lot and love using your site. It's simply the most cohesive site for all kinds of information.