Monday, February 26, 2007

Learn about the web's intricacies on the Google Guide

Have you used the Google Guide? It seems like a great place to find information on all things Google, including the mysterious ways of page ranks. I followed up several of their suggestions on improving page rank such as submitting my sites to several directories etc, publicizing the site on letter heads and business cards, writing a newsletter, links from quality sites and the most important factor of all, quality content.

What you write about and how well you write it is what will get your website noticed and isn't that was blogging is all about. Writing without caring who is reading. At least that's why I started my blog. I wanted to write about things that I knew, things that I am good a deciphering, and if I wrote well enough, interesting enough, the readers would be there. But, somehow along the way, I have caught up on the page rank business, focusing on increasing it rather than focusing on creating good posts. Well, I do hope to change it and will make a concerted effort to improve the level of stuff I write about, which means I will probably post less but better stuff.

No comments: