Monday, September 20, 2010

thanks to my over enthusiasm

For a lot of people, knee and joint pains start once they hit middle age, but I've had knee problems for a while already. In fact, it started out right after college, when I worked endless and thankless hours at my first job. I suppose I was so kicked at getting such a great job, and the highest salary of my class, that I wanted to really excel. That I did, but I also messed up my knees for a lifetime. According to the docs, what happened was that the cartilage between the knee caps is wearing out, the technical name for it is something like Chondromylacia or some such thing, and one of the key things that helps reduce the damage is the right mix of vitamins glucosamine chondroitin msm. The dosage has to be right, but also the combination of glucosamine and chondroitin in the same capsule, so make it doubly effective. Most of the time I have no daily problem with my knees, but coming down steps bothers me as well as getting up after a 3 hour movie at the theatres.

No comments: