Monday, September 17, 2012

On working from home

I've been working from home since July 2005 and simply love everything about it. While to some it might almost seem as not working at all, working at home requires more discipline than most people think. It's not all about sitting at the computer in your pajamas, which I make it a point never to do. I started freelance writing for a Bangalore based company quite by accident, which grew to doing more formal business writing for them and then research and analysis for a local Bombay based company that I worked as a consultant. I make sure to organize my day just as I would if I were in office and although it's hard to avoid interruptions from neighbors, couriers, etc, it only means one has to be more efficient in doing one's work. While there are tons of work at home business opportunities these days, one has to work hard at being successful from home, just as one works from the office.

No comments: